We run our own IELTS training programme based at our Manila offices. Our training team have extensive experience designing and running IELTS training courses for Filipino candidates seeking overseas employment as well as for Filipino working in call centres and BPO companies in the Philippines.
Our IELTS programme is designed to suit applicants of differing abilities. It assesses English language ability at the outset in order to enable applicants to be streamed into bespoke training courses designed to address their specific weaknesses.
This assessment process enables us to provide our clients with early feedback on the likelihood of our candidates passing IELTS and within what timeframe.
IELTS Pre Assessment and Training Course:
- Pre-assessment will improve IELTS success rate of those that take IELTS exam after Training
- Pre-assessment to identify Areas for Improvement (AFIs) of each candidate for training.
- Same Facilitator for training and pre-assessment ensures instructors recognise candidates AFIs allowing ‘bespoke’ focussed training.
- Results in increased success rates and greater candidate satisfaction
- Creates a Unique Customer benefit and reduces recruitment costs
All nurses employed in the UK must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
(NMC) which is the regulatory body for nurses and midwives in the UK.
All applications for nursing roles from overseas (non EU) candidates must follow a set process as per the NMC requirement. For more information on NMC requirements click here https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/trained-outside-the-eueea/
We are able to process applications for UK nursing roles from candidates outside of the Philippines providing the necessary qualification criteria are met.
- Employers (UK Hospitals) advertise jobs via Philippines Agents
- Applicants may apply for jobs as per the application requirements for nurses (see below)
- Screening process (first round interviews)
- Employer interviews
- Job Offers (subject to NMC registration including IELTS) NMC Registration
- (job acceptance: subject to NMC registration)
- NMC Registration (IELTS)
- Part 1 test of competence (CBT)
- Employment Contract
- Process for Deployment to UK (includes visa application)
- Travel to UK (on receipt of visa and travel tickets)
- Start work on probationary basis subject to completion of NMC Part 2 test of competence (OSCE)
- Complete OSCE within first 6 months
- Admission onto NMC register
Checklist of documents Required:
- Application Form
- Resume with Photo
- Skills Checklist
- Employment References (3 years)
- Nursing Diploma
- Nursing Transcript of Records
- Employment Certificate
- Board Rating
- Board Certificate
- PRC ID
- NBI Clearance
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage contract
- Passport copy
- Occupational Health Form
- Seminar & Training Certificates
- IELTS Certificate (candidates who have passed IELTS scoring 7 in each section)
- IELTS registration form if you are taking the IELTS test.
- Part 1 test of competence (CBT)
- Part 2 test of competence (OSCE)
- Admission onto NMC register (and authorisation for full employment)
For more information on the NMC Test of Competence click here
For beginning an application to register with the NMC click here https://ireg.nmc-uk.org
(Note applications can only be processed once IELTS has been passed t the necessary standard score of 7 in all sections.)
Employers are responsible to apply for a visa Certificate of Sponsorship on behalf of those nurses offered jobs. The visa application process is relatively straight forward once a Certificate of Sponsorship has been received. We will provide assistance with the visa application process.
The UK immigration service has a special process for nurses entering UK for employment that allows for the NMC process to be completed after arriving (Part 2 Test of Competence to be completed within the first 6 months).
In most cases successful nurses who arrive are employed on a probationary basis until such time as they successfully complete the NMC registration process.
There may be salary adjustments to reflect this lack of formal registration. In all cases upon successful registration with the NMC salary scales will reflect those roles advertised.
Prospective employers will confirm the full details of the implication of salary adjustments in the formal offer of employment.
All applications to join the NMC nurses part of the Register from individuals who trained outside the UK and EEA must include evidence of completion of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
You must complete the academic version of the IELTS test and achieve:
- at least 7.0 in the listening and reading section 1
- at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections
- an overall average score of 7 (out of a possible 9)
The NMC will not consider applicants who score lower than this standard.
- Completion of a formal program of professional nursing education recognized by JHAH and current licensure as a professional registered nurse.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent is required.
- With at least 3 years solid hospital experience
- 2 plus years of clinical nursing experience post registration, to include one to two years in a specific specialty clinical area, e.g., Cardiac Care, Intensive Care Unit, Cancer care etc.
- Diploma / Degree
- Post qualification experience of 2 to 10 years minimum
- DHA / HAAD / MOH license
- Eligibility letter
- DHA HAAD MOH licensing process can also apply.